Training4Good has started!
Training4Good brought together a range of people from different sectors to pool knowledge and experience... More
Leadership bursaries - This opportunity will not happen again this year!
Looking to lead your organisation through challenges to stability? This leadership programme will help... More
Excellent meeting about #Training4Good - more training opportunities for #charity & #socent in #York will be announced at start of June!
23 May 2013 @ 16:26
Whatever your views are about your leadership style, there are always opportunities to develop new skills
The CS4U Leadership Programme - York
This programme will:
· Run from May 2013 to November 2013 it will offer high quality provision and the chance to work with like-minded individuals from different organisations and sectors facing similar challenges and sharing a common environment of operating conditions comprising local, national and global elements.
· Encourage and enable every participant to work on their own priorities.
· Provide a framework and a series of support activities; the application and real learning will be experienced back in the workplace.
· The topics and agenda will be tailored, prioritised and developed through feedback of participants as the programme progresses.
· Participants will be challenged, stimulated, supported and enabled to deliver the changes that they identify as necessary for them and their organisation.
· Participants will be asked to identify a specific area of work that they can develop as a project to use as a vehicle for applying their leadership skills over the time of the programme. This project needs to challenge the individual to operate beyond their normal boundaries, this may well mean a project that operates beyond the limits of their organisation and requires collaboration with different organisations, leaders, and sectors. Project may also be developed in conjunction with other participants of the programme.
The programme will include:
· Bimonthly full day or two day workshops (up to 8 days)
· Alternate bimonthly one to one coaching (3x 90 min sessions per participant)
· Bi monthly 3 hr action learning events that can be used to help develop strategies to address immediate and current barriers to progress (up to 3 sessions per participant)
7 core areas of leadership we will focus on:
- Leading by example
- Creating the vision
- Turning vision into reality
- Setting direction - developing the route map
- Working with others
- Keeping things going
- Making things better
In addition to spending time on the 7 core areas, the full programme will dedicate time to address the following topics:
- Developing self
- Developing emotional intelligence
- Leading change
- Strategic business planning
- Developing communication skills
- Building relationships
- Developing people
- Effective negotiation skills
- Developing sales and marketing capability
- Energy, ethics and environment – build sustainability into your business/organisation
What commitment do we ask for?
In order to maximise the benefit for all participants, applicants will be selected based on their ability and willingness to commit to the full programme. Attendance of workshops will need to be prioritised. Coaching and action learning will be by negotiation and in line with the needs of the individual and their organisation.
What commitment do we give
Our single focus will be to enable every participant to identify and take the actions they need to take them and their organisations forward with confidence clarity and commitment. Our purpose is to build leadership capability and cooperation in and between smaller organisations across the area.
Committing to the programme will require monthly payment of £100 to include all provision.
No further payments will be required.
Participants may be withdrawn from the programme, having paid up to that point, at any time with no financial penalty.
Who are we?
You can either get a sense of us by
looking at this website.
Better still come and meet us and form your own opinion. Get in touch to find out when we are running our next taster session.